As requested by all my fans #blessed, here is my official 30 Before 30 list.
I started pulling together this list together around 3 years ago, back when completing a 5K seemed absurd let alone completing a marathon!
Some of these ‘goals’ are cliché, some are slightly ridiculous (no. 10 – please don’t judge. I still don’t think I have completed this, as I did have a fair amount of assistance.)
Apologies for the one that is marked as CONFIDENTIAL, I am not trying to be mysterious/really irritating! And no, it’s not vulgar/inappropriate/gross.
- Complete a Half Marathon – DONE
- Complete a Full Marathon – DONE
- Complete an Ultra Marathon
- Join a running club – DONE
- Complete one of the Three Peaks Challenges – DONE
- Get 1st lady at ParkRun – DONE
- Complete a Tough Mudder
- Complete a Triathalon
- Learn how to play pool and beat all the men
- Change a lightbulb – DONE
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter at least twice per year – DONE
- Learn how to apologise to people – DONE
- Level 2 Gym Qualification & Level 3 PT Course – KIND OF DONE
- Hold a tarantula at London Zoo
- Own one of the following dogs: Chow Chow, Great Pyrenees, Daschund, Old English Sheepdog (only if I have suitable accommodation and am in a secure enough financial position to do so. If you can’t afford to care for your pet, you shouldn’t get one.)
- Host a massive dinner party. The mother of all dinner parties. How am I 27 and still unable to roast a chicken or poach an egg?! Basically, learn how to cook PROPERLY
- See Fleetwood Mac live (ASAP – they’re getting on a bit)
- Visit Dublin and drink ALL the wine
- VISIT ICELAND (and see the Northern Lights whilst sober)
- Trek the Inca Trail
- Visit the Yukon
- Visit Vienna – DONE
- Visit Dubai – DONE
- Spend Christmas in a snowy log cabin drinking mulled wine and other pretentious pastimes – DONE
- Start a blog – DONE
- Eat at one of the world’s best restaurants
- Produce my own podcast/vlog
- Buy house/flat
- Pursue my passion. BE BOLD BE BRAVE
Despite the multiple clichés, I am very content with this list. Am I missing anything essential?! Let me know your thoughts!
Also, if anyone has been to Iceland, any recommendations would be much appreciated!